"At DwellStudio, we are committed to not just promising ethical business practices, we want to live by them every day. We seek to always embrace the highest standards of responsibility to all people and to the planet we live on. We believe that by doing this, meaningful, permanent, and positive change can be affected."
Giving back is an important element of a company's ethical and social responsibility. It allows us to reinvest in our employees, community and world. Below are links to some of the philanthropic organizations and causes we are involved with and support.
At DwellStudio, we believe that being an environmentalist means trying to understand how every step of our business impacts the planet. It starts in our design studio, stems out to our factories and production, continues with our packaging and products, and ends in the hands of our customers. We believe that well designed products and packaging result in long-term use, meaning less waste for our landfills. Every day we make conscious choices to diminish our footprint. Here are some of our initiatives:
- All DwellStudio prints are created using low-impact dyes. They contain no heavy metals or other known toxic substances, are AZO FREE and FORMALDEHYDE FREE, and meet all criteria for eco-friendly pigments.
- In 2007, we introduced a completely organic line of baby products made from the finest Portuguese organic cotton available. We are working every day to expand this collection.
- We encourage eco-friendly laundering for products, which means low-impact detergent and cleaning products, cold water wash and no chlorine bleach.
- All our rugs are certified and labeled by the RugMark Foundation, an organization that campaigns to end illegal child labor in the rug industry and offers educational opportunities to children in South Asia. The certified and individually numbered RugMark label signifies that no child labor was used in the manufacture of Dwellstudio rugs and that a portion of the purchase price helps to educate children instead. For more information, check out www.rugmark.org.
- Additionally, in our studio we try to foster a philosophy of conservation. We are working towards becoming paperless, we recycle vigorously, and most recently, have switched from bottled water to a purifier. Our whole office now enjoys purified Bloomberg water!
- Our newest initiative to help reduce waste is our packaging re-design. Our new packaging uses eco-friendly alternatives and completely eliminates PVC. Our products now come in bags or boxes that can be reused for zero waste. They are great for storage, laundry, and travel. They are chic with a conscience.